Friday, January 4, 2019

Middle School Math Game: Greatest Common Factor

It's early! I'm working on implementing one of my homeschool new year resolutions: Going to bed earlier and getting up before the kids so I can prep, study, read, exercise, etc...all before the kids rise.

So here I am! This night owl is making progress. I got up at  6:30 today, thank you. :) My goal is 5:30 but I'm okay with baby steps toward that goal.

Anyway, I've prepared a fun game for the kids today. I have two in middle school so I try to gear a lot of our activities to them. I'll team up with younger players to make sure they have a fair shot too.  The game today is GCF Jeopardy!  Get ready to have some fun with Greatest Common Factors.

The player simply chooses a point value from the board and receives that many points if they can name the GCF for the pair of numbers underneath.  If it is answered incorrectly the point value is subtracted. So it's also practice with negative numbers (but hopefully not?)

Hope it's fun and doesn't start any fights.  Cause you know...sometimes that happens when the points matter a little too much.


                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment