Sunday, December 30, 2018

Family Hike: Ravens Rock


Family Hikes.  They are still one of my favorite things to do on a nice Saturday.  Sometimes it's crazy trying to pick a location that is suitable for our family, pack up the kids, prepare the water and snacks, and finally get on our way. There's always some confusion and often a few squabbles.  But once we get outside and we are enjoying the beauty of God's great earth, it's always worth it.

I've learned not to hike in the summer, here in NC.  We tried to hike Pilot Mnt. when I was 4 months pregnant in 90 degree weather with a toddler in a stroller.  That was not fun!  But hiking here in the "off season" is pretty nice.  I'll admit that I miss the tall green cedars and the rushing of cool clear water over mossy green boulders; the crowded fiddle heads, spongy mosses and dappled sunshine.  Hiking in the Pacific Northwest has totally spoiled me.  Nothing here will ever compare with it.

Still...we are always impressed with the beauty of this area when we come upon it.  I give you: Our December '18 Raven Rock hike.


  

  

Can this boy leap, or what?


  

   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment