Saturday, September 22, 2018

The Art Club Lives On

The past two years since we've moved to NC my 4th child has missed her art club and art club friends.  We had started something a while back but when I became pregnant with #7 I had to let a few things go and art club was on the list.

But it's back!  In a revised sort of way.  We have 3 families participating and anywhere from 4-7 kids at each meeting, depending on the moods of younger siblings :)

We hold the club every other Weds at 1 pm and rotate homes.  Each home teaches a different subject.  So I'm actually the only home doing art.  The other two homes are doing baking and science.

We've only just begun but so far so good. As always, I forget to take pictures when I'm the one in charge and only think of it after the event is over.  I'm keeping it super simple this year and letting the curriculum do all the work for me.  I'm taking ideas from the Home Art Studio series




I don't play the video for the kids. I watch it ahead of time so I can lead the project in real time. I find that works better and if I feel like switching things up mid stream then I'm not confined by what the video dictates.

Anyway, our first project was about concentric circles radial patterns.  Here's what my own little artist came up with.



We still do art on our own at home as well using Meet the Masters.  We just studied Homer Winslow and made these traced sketches.




And apple prints from our preschooler!!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment