Friday, September 21, 2018

Right Start Math -Tangrams

After you've been homeschooling for 10+ years you've gathered up a lot of memories.  Some good. Some not so good.  Most great!

I have this funny habit of  writing down the date of each math lesson we complete in our Right Start math books.  I didn't discover Right Start math until I started homeschooling our second child. So unfortunately my oldest is not part of the log.  But today while I was doing math with my 4th child I was taking note of the fact that I've taught this math lesson three times so far (two more rounds to go) and the time span between each child's lesson.  It's fun to look at the dates and think, "Oh I was just barely pregnant with baby 5 when I taught this to my son and feeling really sick."  Or, "Oh we did this lesson right before that tree fell down in our back yard."  And it triggers a whole slew of memories.  Very nostalgic.

This particular lesson on tan-grams was fun to remember because I took note of each pattern configuration that each child came up with and it was interesting to see how they compare.  Children, even from the same family, are so unique with a surprising set of similarities and differences.  I love being surprised by my kids and what they can come up with each day as they play and learn.

Here's a pic of what this lesson looks like from our Level C book today.



It's just another day in paradise!

No comments:

Post a Comment