Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Mini Michelangelos

We use an art program called Harmony Fine Arts.  We're in level two.  Right now we're in the middle of a unit on Michelangelo and the Sistine chapel. 

Last night I prepared for our art activity by taping butcher paper to the underside of two tables.  Then I layed out couch cushions under them and covered the cushions with towels or plastic tablecloths.  I set out the paints and brushes.  These are washable tempera paints.

This morning my four little mini Michelangelos got to experience what it's like to paint on your back with your arms extended up over your head.  I let it go on for nearly an hour and I think the kids would have enjoyed this activity for much longer if I'd let them.  They thought it was great fun to paint while laying down.


Two under this table, laying with heads at opposite ends.



We had some paint to wash out of hair when it was all done.

I love it when I can engage this one in art. He's usually not very interested.  But today was different.

Mini Michelangelos in the making

No comments:

Post a Comment