Friday, February 1, 2013

Frontier Girls Induction

I remember going to meetings with my Brownie troop when I was in second and third grade.  And I remember loving it.  I have always wanted my girls to experience something similar, but I have had increasing concerns about the Girl Scouts and their progressive agenda.  They just aren't the same organization that they used to be.  You can check out some info for yourself and see what you think.  This might be a place to start
http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/03/girl_scouts_the_awful_truth.html

I had really no intention of getting involved in a badge earning club of any kind.  I felt too overwhelmed already.  But then an aquaintance introduced us to Frontier Girls and I fell in LOVE wtih it!  It was everything we needed:
  • Solid values and principles 
  • Unapologetic patriotism
  • Motivation to learn and explore
  • Flexible requirements that are age appropriate 
  • Family friendly adaptations (you don't have to join a troop. You can do it alone as a family)
  • Affordability
  • Best of all, no cookie sales! Hurray!

Check it out at www.frontiergirlsclubs.com

There are several of us in our area operating as "pioneers", meaning that we don't have an official troop. We are earning badges individually in our families. But we plan to get together for service projects or group activities now and then.

One of the moms graciously offered to do an induction meeting to make our journey with FG official.
Here's how it went.
The girls lined up and some were asked to read the
Mission: Raising women of honor to be the mothers and leaders of the future, through life skills, leadership, characterbuilding, team work, and service to others.
Promise: I promise to love God , Be loyal to my country , and to love my neighbor as myself.
Motto: If you see a need, take the lead.


Then the girls gathered around a table.  Each girl read a line of the FG Creed.  AS they did so they used an already lit candle to light a smaller tea candle.
As a Frontier Girl
I will be Loving, treating others as I would like to be treated.
I will be Joyful, finding the blessings in every situation.
I will be Peaceful, respecting others opinions and beliefs.
I will be Patient, persevering toward my goals despite obstacles.
I will be Kind, respectful to all and willing to help others at all times.
I will be Good, pure in all I do, think, and say.
I will be Faithful to my God and loyal to family, friends, and country.
I will be Gentle, taking special care of those weaker or less fortunate than I.
I will have Self Control, using my time, materials and talents wisely, and being accountable for my own actions.



The mothers presented the girls with their vests and level pins.


Then they sang the FG creed song
 

We ended with cookies and conversation.  Quick and simple. My kind of meeting!

There is an off shoot of FG for boys/co-ed that my son is excited to join called Quest Club.
 You can check it out here
www.questclubs.com   

 

 









No comments:

Post a Comment