Sunday, October 13, 2019

Elegant Essay: Introductory Techniques

It feels odd to restate my presence here after many months away by jumping right in to this slideshow. But I am!

 If time were not a factor I would stay up all night and go through each and every photo of each and every field trip, family trip, outing and significant event that happened since the last time I was here. I would post and blog about each one. Sigh. I'll get to it someday.

 Tonight, however, I'm just quickly sharing a resource I put together for this class I'm teaching right now. A couple years ago I became a certified IEW instructor so that I could feel competent teaching writing to my own children. Well, writing class is just more fun in a real class with more people than just you and your mom. Right?? Right. So I started teaching writing classes at our home.

 This semester I'm doing The Elegant Essay for my two high-school daughters and it's going well...I think! We are about to have our 6th of 14 classes, so we're nearly half way through. Our upcoming lesson is on introductory techniques. Here's a slideshow I made that hopefully well be useful to anyone who needs to spice up their essay with a great intro. If you're studying The Elegant Essay right now and have the book, this slide show coincides with chapter five. Enjoy.

Hint: You have to click on the presentation to change the slides.  Some slides have animated text that will appear with additional clicking.  :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment