Friday, January 18, 2019

The Gift that Keeps Giving

I know. Second post in just minutes.  But I was just taken off guard by my sweet daughter's talent, insight, love, and sincerity.  I need to record it.

I was saying good night to two of my older girls when my 13 yo whipped out this paper and said, "Hey mom I made this the other night.  Want to read it?"  Of course I did.

Maybe it's because Hazel's 5th would-be birthday is coming up in just a couple weeks and I'm already on the verge of tears all day.  But this totally took my breath away.



A mother and her baby;
such pure and precious love.
What a lovely blessing
sent from above.
The mother holds her baby dear
cuddling it ever near,
The baby- so content and small
though not knowing much at all
Can feel its mother's tender love
like the olive twig and dove

Her ability to capture this sentiment at the age of 13 is astonishing to me.  It brings me back to the moments I had sitting in a hospital with a newborn on top of my soggy stomach, in a sloppy robe, with sore nipples, so in love with my new baby.  Or those long, late nights when sleep is scarce but joy abounds.  And at the same time it makes me ache for the moments like these that I didn't ever get to have with my sweet Hazel.  She was gone much too quickly and I miss her still. Every day.

I'm so grateful for the talents God gives to his children.  I'm so grateful for individuals who take time to develop their talents and then share them with others to bless and beautify this human experience.  I'm so grateful to mother such lovely children with such lovely souls.

The joys of children - so sweet and deep. Truly they are the gift that keeps giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment