Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Aa is for Apple



I've been using a new preschool plan with this little pre-preschooler of mine.  And  I have to say I like it! It's simple, but well thought out.  It's easy yet engaging.  The price was reasonable and it doesn't require me to have a ton of extra gadgets and gizmos and craft items to do the lesson plans.  I found it online here: BusyToddler.com  and I'm glad I did!

Now, realize that I don't have "school time" with my preschooler.  I just glance over the suggested books, activities, and skills for the week and pick out a few that I want to cover in a day.  Then when I have a moment (like when her siblings are busy doing independent work and the baby is asleep) then I pull her away from Peppa Pig (literally) to do some "letters".  She seems to like it for the most part.

In the video above she is transferring apples from one bowl to the next as part of the A-Apples unit.  Each unit is two weeks. We're about read y to move on to the next unit, however. I think she's already getting Aa and the sound that goes with it. She can already pick out the letters when she sees them around  her during the day! Yay. Small successes.

We certainly arent' following the schedule or lesson plans as outlined in the curriculum.  But I love not having to think up my own activities to do with her each day.  I am using my Montessori sound boxes with her too. And adding in a few of my own letter work with her as well.  And let's not forget StarFall.com  I think my now-3rd grader was pretty much raised by StarFall.com

Tip: Some of the recommended read aloud picture books were hard to find at my library.  But I was able to find them on YouTube!  I love YouTube.   For example, I couldn't find this book at my library





 But I found it easily on YouTube

 I muted the video and read it out loud to her as we sat at the computer together. I just fast forward the video a bit to "turn the pages". Worked pretty well. #preschool hack ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment