Saturday, March 19, 2016

The New Comer

You may have read the posts about the death of our fifth child. The 2+ years since that day have been some of the hardest days I have spent on earth.  I can't really think of anything more heart breaking than seeing your baby take her last breath.

But in the midst of the heart ache, there have been miracles.  I wasn't always quick to recognize them. Looking back, I can see how the Lord has let me choose my path of grief and healing while gently guiding and directing along the way.  He didn't stop me from mourning or scold me for coming close to total despair.  He let me live out my grief, and still is patient with me when unforeseen waves of it continue to wash over me from time to time.

I'm thankful for His patience, and for His earthly angels that have helped me regain my new normal.  And I am mostly thankful for the beautiful little girl He has sent to us to help bind up our wounds and bring peace to my heart until we can all be together again as a family of eight.

So here she is!  Our little new comer!  She is now 7.5 months old.  We call her Ivy (her middle name)








She is such a joy to us!  We all love her so much.  I can't even tell you how much healing she has brought to our home.  I am thankful for her everyday.  She doesn't take Hazel's place, or make me miss my Hazel any less, but she does remind me that God hears and answers my prayers.  He sent me His love, straight from Heaven.  And I get to hug and hold her everyday!  I am a lucky mother.  I have six beautiful babies.

Having her here made Hazel's second birthday a little easier to bear.












No comments:

Post a Comment